It's Time to Put Precision Medicine Into Practice
89% of your patients
will have genetic variants that impact how their medications work.
3-4% of your patients
have actionable genetic risks that you can address.
60% of your patients who plan to have children
will have at least one genetic condition they may pass on to their children that they will want to understand.
ActX can bring genomic decision support to your practice
- Improve your standard of care without disrupting your team's workflow
- Evidence based clinical decision support including pharmacogenomics delivered automatically through your electronic health records
- Genomics screening service uses a low cost, saliva based genetic screening
- Continually updated as the latest clinical evidence becomes available
Integrated into your electronic health record, every time you write a prescription, ActX checks the drug against your patient's genetics, alerting you if there's an issue with:
- Adverse druge reactions
ActX covers most common U.S. prescription drugs.
Serious adverse drug reactions can occur when prescribing a drug such as Tegretol to a patient with a variant of the gene HLA-A. If the patient has the variant called HLA-A*31:01, they are at risk of cutaneous reactions such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome, which may be life threatening.
A significant percentage of the U.S. population likely gets no pain relief from codeine, based on their genetics, and ActX can alert you to these patients.
Actionable genetic risks
The ActX patient genomic profile shows actionable patient genomic risks:
For example, patients with Lynch Syndrome, a genetic condition affecting hundreds of thousands of Americans, can have up to a 70% lifetime risk of colorectal cancer, and begin colonoscopy screening at age 25 or 30.
Carrier Status Coverage:
ActX’s carrier status panel now includes 180 conditions:
This can help your clinicians provide your patients information about the risk of parents passing on serious recessive genetic conditions to their children.
Evidence-based clinical decision support:
- Is continously updated and includes references
- Evaluates the strength of the evidence and the quality of the patient data. Existing patient genetic data is frequently reanalyzed and your clinicians will be alerted if an important new issue is found for a patient
- Can be accessed via your EHR or directly on the ActX website
How it works:
ActX makes it easy for your practice to obtain your patient's genetics.
After physician authorization, your patient:
- Receives an email allowing them to sign up for the ActX Service
- Signs up on the ActX website and pays for the service with HSA/FSA accounts or out of pocket
- Receives a saliva collection kit at their home
- Spits 1 cc into a tube and then mails it directly to our CLIA certified laboratory, where it will be genotyped and sequenced
Physician will be automatically alerted when:
- Patient's data is available
- During the prescription process if using a partner EHR and a drug-genomic interaction is found
- Immediate or subsequent serious medical risks are found