Implement Precision Medicine Today
with Our Actionable Genomics℠ Service
ActX makes it possible for the first time to bring the power of genomics into your practice, beginning the era of Precision Medicine.
ActX is designed for the busy clinician, who does not have to be an expert in medical genetics. Our Actionable Genomics Service focuses on evidence-based genetic risks that you can do something about.
Integrated into your Electronic Health Record, every time physicians write a prescription, ActX checks the drug against the patient’s genetics, alerting them only if there is an issue with adverse effects, efficacy or dosing. The Actionable Genomics Service covers almost all U.S. prescription drugs for which there is evidence of a genomic effect. For example, a significant percentage of the U.S. population likely gets no pain relief from codeine, based on their genetics, and ActX can alert your clinicians to these patients.
Actionable hereditary risks
In your Electronic Health Record, the ActX Patient Genomic Profile shows actionable patient genomic risks. For example, patients with Lynch Syndrome, a genetic condition, can have up to a 70% lifetime risk of colorectal cancer, which can be detected at an early stage through colonoscopy starting at a young age.
The evidence-based Actionable Genomics Service:
- Is continuously updated and includes references
- Evaluates the strength of the evidence and the quality of the patient data. Existing patient genetic data is frequently reanalyzed and your clinicians will be alerted if an important new issue is found for a patient.
- Can be accessed via your EHR or directly on the ActX website (if your EHR does not yet have ActX's Actionable Genomics Service)
How it works:
In addition to providing real-time genomic decision support, ActX makes it easy to obtain your patient's genetics using a small amount of saliva. It is a full turn-key solution.
- After authorization by a physician, your patient will receive an email allowing them to sign up.
- The patient will then sign up on the ActX website, pay for the service (the service is currently paid for by patients and not covered by insurance),
and receive a saliva collection kit at their home.
- The patient spits 1 cc into a tube and then mails it directly to our CLIA-certified laboratory, where it will be genotyped or sequenced.
After quality assurance, the Actionable Genomics Service will be activated. The authorizing physician will be alerted when the patient's data is available, and when any immediate or subsequent serious medical risks are found. If you are using a partner EHR, then every time a prescription is written, it will be checked for drug-genome interactions, and an up-to-date patient Genomic Profile can be checked in the EHR at any time.